tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat pid
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:09:55 GMT

Howdy,

-
>to find out the tomcat process id ?

Personally I like grepping ;)  I add a java options like -Dname=tomcat
and then ps -ef | grep java | grep tomcat tends to work.

However, I do recall someone posting a modified catalina.sh which writes
the process ID to a (configurable path) file on startup.  Search the
archives for this.  Or modify Catalina.sh to do it yourself, it's pretty
easy
(cat $$ > /tmp/tomcatpid.txt or something like that).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics