tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Dodgy web.xml and error in catalina.out
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:15:49 GMT

Howdy,
A couple of things seem interesting:

- Your url-patterns in web.xml don't make any sense.
- You should declare packages for your servlets, e.g. your LoginServlet,
but this is not absolutely required.
- Can you reach the network location where the DTD is?  i.e. are you
having any network problems?

>Problem is, when I try and access it through a html page, I get the 404

Post the HTML source.

>error in one frame and the 503 in another frame. Both the frames in the
>html document are accessing the same servlet.

Verify this using the access log, which shows you exactly what URL your
frames are requesting.

>Starting service Java Web Services Developer Pack
>Java Web Services Developer Pack/1.0_01-fcs
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "web-app", must
match
>DOCTYPE root "null".	At

Can you turn on JWSDP debugging so that it gives the full URL of the
web.xml it's trying to parse?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics