tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: content negotiation with tomcat
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:11:41 GMT

Howdy,

>i just ran over some tips at the w3.org saying url should not
>have content specific endings (like .html, jsp, .gif).

Can you please post the URL to these tips?  I've never heard them before
and don't buy them without further convincing ;)

I don't know the answer to your question really, as you've left the
definition of "content-negotiation" wide open.  You could, for example,
have a servlet mapped and coded to serve pictures out of
http://yourhost:yourport/yourapp/pictures/x as x.gif

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics