tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat not excepting changes in web-app
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:07:16 GMT

Howdy,
Tomcat doesn't cache any of this in a way that persists across restarts.
If you deploy a changed version of a class to the server and restart it,
the new class will be loaded, as it's a new JVM instance, new
classloader, etc.

Any other behavior you're seeing is most likely an error of your part,
and could be one of many, e.g.

- Your code doesn't refer to this class
- You haven't really redeployed the class
- You have multiple versions of the class in the classpath, e.g. in
WEB-INF/lib and common/lib.
- You haven't really restarted the server
etc.

It is often useful to add logging, even in a static initializer block if
you have to, so that you know how your class is being used, when it is
loaded, etc.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Whenever I
>need to deploy to a new context (e.g. DB Server) I get the following
error:

>java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on
>OLD_DB_SERVER:3306.
>Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to
>connect
>to? (java.net.ConnectException)
>
>Where OLD_DB_SERVER would be the name of the formerly used parameters.
It