tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat frequently go down
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:22:02 GMT

Howdy,

>I am too facing the same problem in production, I am using tomcat
4.0.4.
>the exception being Software caused connection to abort in
>catalina_log.2003-04-09.txt file
>I upgraded to tomcat 4.1.24 but problem is same. can anyone help us.

It's not the same problem -- please don't hijack someone else's thread,
especially since you already posted your problem.

>I have set up Tomcat on Redhat linux but somehow its go down frequently
>(random time).
>No warning or any trace in log files.

There has to be something ;)  Set debug="99" everywhere you see
debug="0" in server.xml.  Enable the RequestDumper and AccessLog valve
if you haven't done so already.  Look for files named core and
hs_err_xxxxx (xxxx is the JVM process ID) in the JVM's working directory
for evidence of a JVM crash.  Check the syslog for any crash messages.
Something has to be there.  Can you reproduce this crash in a
development or test environment?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics