tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Dodgy web.xml and error in catalina.out
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:06:45 GMT

Howdy,
Is your invoker servlet enabled?

>- url patterns dont make sense. In what way do you mean. Is something

By bad url-pattern, I meant these:
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ConnectionPoolServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/servlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

This is not a very meaningful, at best, url-mapping.  You want something
like
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ConnectionPoolServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/ConnectionPool</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Then you can access this servlet as
http://yourhost:yourport/yourwebapp/ConnectionPool

>- DTD File. I dont know how to get hold of it, know network problems.
Any
>idea how I can turn on the JWSDP debugging?

On a command line, try to ping the URL where the DTD is, or better yet
use wget to get the contents of that url (java.sun.com/dtd/...).

>/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet HTTP/1.1" 404

This is why I asked if your invoker servlet is enabled.  If not, you'll
get 404's on /servlet/* URLs, unless you set up mappings as above and
modify the HTML file to use those mappings

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics