tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hua Hou <>
Subject RE: Virtual hosting (Tomcat + IIS)
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:16:07 GMT
Thanks for your help. Finally I made it work. This is what I did.

Create a web site in IIS ("siteA") which points to physical directory

In server.xml, add the following entry
<Host name="" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
                 directory="logs"  prefix="siteA_log." suffix=".txt"
   <Context path="" docBase="microsoft" crossContext="true" debug="0" />

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barker []
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: Virtual hosting (Tomcat + IIS)

I don't use IIS at all myself, so everything I may say may be wrong
(hopefully Nacho and/or Mladen will step in and prove that I don't know what
I'm talking about :)

It should be much like the Apache stuff.  I'd start by adding the Listener:
  <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.IISConfig" />
(following the patterns from

"Hua Hou" <> wrote in message
> I am using tomcat 4.1.10 + IIS 5.0. I need to support multiple web sites
> running from the same machine with the
> same tomcat instance. I searched though this mailing list as well as the
> archive on the web, but I  didn't get any help because everything for
> virtual hosting  is with apache and tomcat combination.
> Here is the configuration on my machine:
> webapps\siteA
> webapps\siteB
> I would like to points to webapps\siteA context
> and points to webapps\siteB context. How should
> configure on both IIS and tomcat side?
> Please help.
> Thanks.
> Hua