tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hua Hou <...@handango.com>
Subject RE: Package names of compiled java class are all "org.apache.jsp"
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:28:35 GMT
I don't have a package statement at the top of my jsp. The reason is that
there are thousands of jsp files and complex directory structures, I don't
want to change those jsp files.

I just want /examples/A.jsp to be compiled into org.apache.jsp package, and
/examples/jsp/A.jsp to be compiled into org.apache.jsp.jsp package.

With Jasper Shell (for pre-compilation of jsp), I was able to achieve this.
However, through browser, this is not happening. So I think there must be
some configuration that needs to be set up to do this. Any idea?

Thanks.

Hua

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 1:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Package names of compiled java class are all
"org.apache.jsp"

Howdy,
Do you have a package statement at the top of your jsp?  If not, Jasper
will use its own default, which is org.apache.jsp.  It's good practice
to have a package in your jsps (and other classes).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

are
>compiled into java files,
>i.e.,
> examples/A.jsp --> work/Standalone/localhost/examples/A_jsp.java
> examples/jsp/A.jsp -->
work/Standalone/localhost/examples/jsp/A_jsp.java

>They both have the same package name "org.apache.jsp".
>
>How can I configure so that examples/A.jsp has the package name
>"org.apache.jsp" and examples/jsp/A.jsp has the package name
>"org.apache.jsp.jsp"?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Hua

sender.  Thank you.