tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: HTTP 304 status code
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:16:17 GMT
Hi,

First of all, I would like to point out that the HTTP status 304 means that the file being
requested has not changed. This means that the browser can decide if it should get the response
for this request or use what it has cached locally.

Based on that I cannot say I understand the "error" you are getting. Maybe this is a problem
with IE6 caching, I have never seen this problem though....
Anyways, the fact that you are using IIS and tomcat makes this less of a tomcat problem as
the dialog for static files (such as .css) should be between IIS and IE6 but not IE6 and tomcat.
There for I wonder if your IIS/tomcat setup is working correctly... At least if the "error
message" is from tomcat you are receiving requests that you should want to be handled by IIS.

Hope it helps
-reynir