tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Drechsler" <andreas.drechs...@reflact.com>
Subject AW: "Buffer overflow" in 4.1.24
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:15:06 GMT
It's version 1.2.0, installed from the jpackage-RPM:
mod_jk-ap13-1.2.0-1jpp

Checksum: e27468e31dadda994edadb8370d009ba  mod_jk.so

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org] Im Auftrag von Bill Barker
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. April 2003 11:06
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: "Buffer overflow" in 4.1.24

It looks like a problem in the native side of the connector.  A
compliant
Ajp connector would never send a packet size > 8K.  Which native version
of
mod_jk are you using?

"Andreas Drechsler" <andreas.drechsler@reflact.com> wrote in message
Hi,

at first thankyou for your discussion but I'm afraid the trouble has
just started... ;-)

At first I started connecting Tomcat 4.1.24 with the new CoyoteConnector
(since it is default
in package; see server.xml excerpt below) but using Coyote, on
submitting it generates
this error in catalina.out: [IMO similar to other error but without
stack trace]

<<< Excerpt from catalina.out >>>
472045 [Thread-11] ERROR common.MsgAjp  - Buffer overflow:
buffer.len=8192 pos=25 data=11745
41 42 00 02 04 01 2e 00                          | AB......

<<< ------------------------ >>>

AND redirects to this URL in browser:
"http://192.168.1.250/sphere/news/ERROR"
with "192.168.1.250" being the host and "/sphere/news" being the webapp
path.
The "ERROR" is obviously appended either by tomcat or by the connector.

Even more interesting (now coming to think of it), uploading documents
(>> 8K) in multipart mode
works flawlessly with both connectors!

This is the connector config I used at first and got the error above:
<<< Excerpt from the 4.1.24 server.xml >>>
               enableLookups="yes" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
<<< ------------------------ >>>

This is the connector config I used afterwards and reported the error
yesterday (= I tried
fallback to older connector). Now it is commented out as it has been
before:
<<< Excerpt from the 4.1.24 server.xml >>>
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

For reference, the "old", production Tomcat version with everything
working is 4.0.3 with the old
Ajp13Connector.

TIA for your help again
Andreas Drechsler