tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madhava Reddy <Madhava_Re...@icon-scm.com>
Subject RE: Software caused connection to abort
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:34:09 GMT
I had this problem earlier. In my case, the cause for this was, killing
database sessions. I solved this problem by restarting (using scheduler or
script) tomcat in between two session killing events.

My guess is that, some where tomcat is storing database session reference.
When the database session is killed, this exception is thrown...

The above process is repeatable, which means that, we can manually kill
database sessions and see this exception generated.

Do you have any database connections? If so, is there any process which
kills database sessions in some intervals?

Hope this helps to solve ur problem

Madhav
-----Original Message-----
From: WIPRO Anil Gandhi [mailto:WIPRO_ANIL@dm.gov.ae]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 9:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Software caused connection to abort

Hi,

I have facing this exception. Does anyone has any idea how to fix it.

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:343)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:438)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:409)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.run(HttpConnector.java:993)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

2003-04-08 10:30:11 HttpConnector[8080] Opening server socket on all host IP
add

Thanks

Anil