tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mayne, Peter" <>
Subject RE: Guidelines on application development
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:41:10 GMT
Eclipse (out of the virtual box) can generate a jar and save a jardesc file
to describe the jar export (see context menu "Export...").

The sysdeo plugin can generate war files.

I'm currently using Eclipse to write/modify servlets and jsps on the fly in
a Tomcat project. The plugin modifies server.xml so Tomcat uses the Eclipse
directories directly, without having to do any jar/war packaging at all.

Peter Mayne
Technology Consultant
Spherion Technology Solutions
Level 1, 243 Northbourne Avenue, Lyneham, ACT, 2602