tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Naden" <>
Subject custom tag stopped working!!!
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:24:53 GMT
I've a test application with one simple custom tag.  When I deploy it in Tomcat 4.04, inserting
a <Context> tag into server.xml, it works.  When I deploy the exact same app in Tomcat
4.1.18, I get the following error in the browser:

type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

An error occurred at line: 3 in the jsp file: /MyCustomTagPage.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\tomcat_deploy\work\Standalone\localhost\abc\ '.' expected
import DateTag;
An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Does any body have a clue?

Thanks all.

-Dave Naden

To unsubscribe, e-mail: