tomcat-users mailing list archives

From a.kannb...@dedication.nl
Subject Problems starting up Tomcat 4.1
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:27:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so please bear with me.
I want to test an application which needs Tomcat and a Database.
As one of the engineers of the applications explained to me, I first need to install a Database,
then the Java SDK, then Tomcat and then the application. The application BTW, is Intraline,
a groupware application.

So far, I have installed the mysSQL database, and the latest  Java SDK.
(Packages SUNWj3dev, SUNWj3dmo, SUNWj3man and sSUNWj3rt)
I have downloaded  Tomcat and tried to start it up. I've set the variables CATALINA_HOME and
JAVA_HOME. The system responds with the following output:

root@nlastst1 > ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/j2se

When I check, I don't see any tomcat-related proces running ? What am I doing wrong ?
I am installing the software on a SUN box under Solaris 8.

TIA,

Andy Kannberg