tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Installs/deploys to work dir... why?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:57:32 GMT

I'll paste the contents of my ccf.xml (context configuration file)
below.  The web.xml has little to do with this functionality.  If you are
looking for info on that, look at the spec, a book on servlets, or examples
out there on the web.

Before Ant token filter copying...

<Context path="@context.path@" docBase="@context.docbase@"
          debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

     <Logger
         className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
         prefix="localhost_@context.name@_servlet_log."
         suffix=".txt"
             timestamp="true" />

</Context>

After ant token filter copying...

<Context path="/Barracuda"
docBase="D:\myclasses\Repository\Enhydra\BarracudaMVC_2003-04-16\Barracuda"
          debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

     <Logger
         className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
         prefix="localhost_Barracuda_servlet_log."
         suffix=".txt"
             timestamp="true" />

</Context>

Also, I rename this as "context.xml" and add it to the META-INF directory
of my .war file when I use the catalina ant "deploy" task.  This gets
automatically used by Tomcat.  The file, very specifically, must be named
"context.xml", though.

Also, as for your tomcat startup target, you might look into the following
ant archive emails....

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=104327322209168&w=2
and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=104322316306620&w=2

I haven't tried either solution, but you should definitely try them
out.  This woud provide your needed spawning of exec tasks functionality.

Jake