tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Installs/deploys to work dir... why?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:53:16 GMT
At 06:45 PM 4/16/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Answering your mail:
>
>I didn't write, the war file is put in the webapps dir... It's put into
>the work/.../manager dir. Would you mind rereading my - admittedly long -
>post? I'd really appreciate some more discussions on the install and
>deploy tasks. Need more input...
>
>Thanks!
>Karsten

Yep, you are right.  I definitely misread what you wrote.

What other input would you like?  Unfortunately, the current behavior of
putting things in the work dir and serving directly from the .war file
rather than expanding to a directory (as is the default in the webapps dir)
is not something I can explain.  I really don't have a problem with the
behavior so I haven't pursued the reasons behind it.  If you want to know
more, you might try asking on the tomcat-dev list and ask the people who
implemented the behavior themselves.

Jake