tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where is my application ?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:41:23 GMT

Well, sure it it, but you should get the inputstream from the
ServletContext object, not a FileInputStream.  When you use the ant deploy
task, your app is served directly from the .war file which is perfectly
legitimate under the servlet spec.  In fact, you have absolutely no
guaranteed access to the file system other than the temp directory provided
by java and and the servlet spec.  So, you should be using...

context.getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/myresource.xml");

or just grab it off the classloader.

Oh, and your .war file is delivered to:

CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/manager  (or something like that)

Jake