tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4 As A Windows Service
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:20:47 GMT

I haven't tried this, but you could pass along a
-Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_BASE%

When running the batch files to start Tomcat, the environment variable
CATALINA_BASE, if specified, declares where your custom instance of Tomcat
is with its own conf/server.xml (along with the other config files).  If it
isn't specified, CATALINA_BASE ends up being the same as
CATALNIA_HOME.  Try it out and see if it works for you.

Note that for the instructions to work, you at least need CATALNIA_HOME and
CATALINA_OPTS defined.

Jake