tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bahbahbo...@go.com
Subject endorsed classes
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:20:23 GMT
I read a post stating the endorsed directories have a higher class loading
priority than any of the Tomcat class loaders in Tomcat 4.1.

I found this in the link from
http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/classnotfound.html entitled "Another
answer to a classloader issues."

Does this mean you can never override the Xerces version (xercesImpl.jar)
or parser APIs (xmlParserAPIs.jar) since these are in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed?

If so, this is the source of my problem trying to use Xerces 1.4.4 and JAXP
1.1.
I get a VerifyError each time I try to use the
setErrorHandler(org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler) method in my application.
This worked fine with Tomcat 3.2.4 in-process but fails every time in
Tomcat 4.1.24 out-of-process.

Please help.  I have been stumped by this VerifyError for over a week now.

Thanks.