tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kirk <peter_k...@alpha-gruppen.dk>
Subject Compilation error
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:51:40 GMT
I get a compilation error message for one of my JSPs. I know this JSP should
compile (it only has the word HELLO on it).
But I don't understand the error message: "line: -1". Where is line -1 in my
JSP?

I suspect this is a problem with classes/jars clashing (?). The problem only
occurs when I try use "FOP". Specifically the jar file
"avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar", which FOP uses. If I remove this jar
then the JSP will compile (but the rest of my application fails because FOP
won't then work).

2003-04-11 11:30:41 ApplicationDispatcher[/bizcard] Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Thanks,
Peter