tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:33:46 GMT
Read the thread marked "REL pot] Re: IDE"

Most of the IDE's mentioned are free. I personally use Eclipse and it's
cool. Debugging is simple using any of the tools.

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: torechia [mailto:torechia@attbi.com]
Sent: 29 April 2003 13:31
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: How to debug servlets under tomcat?

I am new to Tomcat and java servlets.  I am running latest tomcat standalone
on windows/xp and am having some problems doing transformations from xml to
html in my java servlet.   How can I debug this?  I would like to step over
each line of code and see what is happening.   I have a copy of Visual J++,
but am not sure how to compile and debug  my servlets in this environment
since I am not running IIS.  Currently I am using ant to build and deploy my
servlet.    What is the best tool to debug servlets under tomcat and how can
I get it started in the debugger under tomcat?   Any help would be
appreciated.

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com