tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject How do we run servlets in Tomcat
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:46:16 GMT
Install tomcat and look at the sample applications. Get a good servlet book
as the technology is more or less standard.

A free download of "Core Servlets  And  Javaserver  Pages" at
http://pdf.coreservlets.com/

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Tobias [mailto:flavio@maxtrack.com.br]
Sent: 28 April 2003 14:32
To: Tomcat
Subject: Tomcat is dropping down a java server application

I have an server application developed on java that is running on machine
that has a Tomcat server runnig.
Before I publish my site the application has been runnig for 1 month without
stops, when the access to the site
has begun the application stills running for up to 2 days.
I had this problem with another application, but in that case I just
installed the apache and the its stay stable, but in this case
I cannot do this because I using jsp.
I noticed that tomcat connections goes up but does not close and this makes
the java serversocket.accept function stop work after some time when the
number of active connections reach a limimt. The strange thing is that does
not raise any kind of exception.

There is some configuration parameter where I can set the time limit of a
connection stays active.

What can I do?
I runnig out of time here.

Thanks any help