tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Balakrishna Kudaravalli <bkuda...@cisco.com>
Subject Help please: Tomcat 4.1.24 enable SSL
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:57:42 GMT
Hi All,

Update to my earlier mail:

I am able to access https:// with the default generated certs. However,
After I had imported the server cert (given by my internal IT folks) into a
keystore and specified the keystoreFile & keystorePass attribute in
server.xml Tomcat startsup but https:// does not work and there is no
exception logged (http:// works fine though).

Wondering if any one of you had got this problem. Any info, would be very
helpful.

Thank you.
-Bala

Hi All,

Issue: Enabling SSL for Tomcat 4.1.24

1. I have created a cert using keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg
RSA  and have given a password "changeit" (default)
2. Uncommented SSL coyote HTTP/1.1 connector in server.xml. Since the
Keystore is at a deafault loc, I have not given a keystoreFile attribute
3. On starting up Tomcat, HTTPS works fine

Issue:
4. Now, I need to replace the default cert with the certs provided by our
internal folks. How do I do that ? the certs provided to me are in pkcs 12
format:

5. Should I convert the pkcs12 certs into x509 ?

6. What certs should I import into the keystore (server, client, ca) ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Bala