tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Balakrishna Kudaravalli <bkuda...@cisco.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.24 enable SSL
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:41:37 GMT
Hi All,

Issue: Enabling SSL for Tomcat 4.1.24

1. I have created a cert using keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg
RSA  and have given a password "changeit" (default)
2. Uncommented SSL coyote HTTP/1.1 connector in server.xml. Since the
Keystore is at a deafault loc, I have not given a keystoreFile attribute
3. On starting up Tomcat, HTTPS works fine

Issue:
4. Now, I need to replace the default cert with the certs provided by our
internal folks. How do I do that ? the certs provided to me are in pkcs 12
format:

5. Should I convert the pkcs12 certs into x509 ?

6. What certs should I import into the keystore (server, client, ca) ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Bala