tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ruthenbeck <just...@nextengine.com>
Subject Re: response.redirect problem...
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:57:41 GMT

Hopefully I understand your situation correctly...

sendRedirect does nothing more than add an HTTP header to the
HttpServletResponse object you're calling it on.  It doesn't do anything
immediate, so the behavior your're seeing (System.out's before and after
the call) is correct.

I'm guessing you're looking to forward the request to a different
resource.  Check out the RequestDispatcher for that.

Like I said -- hopefully I understood the question correctly.

justin

At 10:54 PM 4/14/2003, you wrote:
>Hey Everyone,
>   I've got a plain old java class file that has a static method I'm
>calling from a JSP page.  This method receives the request and response
>objects from the JSP page.
>When I call sendRedirect on the response object nothing happens.  I've
>got System.out's both before and after and they both show up.  The page
>isn't redirected.  No exceptions, (except those caused later on because
>the page should have redirected and didn't.)  Anybody have any ideas?
>I'm plumb out.
>
>Thanks!
>

>James Andersen

Justin Ruthenbeck