tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Jones <djone...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject problem with page display after migrating to Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:13:54 GMT
Hi,
I'd like to try this request for help again (still stuck after trying 4.1.24).

I've run into a problem migrating an application from Tomcat 3.3
to 4.1.24. Briefly, the problem is that my JSP pages, which
include several jsp:include tags, stop displaying at the first
include when an exception is thrown by a later include.

Example:
         <jsp:include page="header.jsp" flush="true" />

         <jsp:include page="body.jsp" flush="true" />

body.jsp contains html, jsp scriptlets and tags and calls to beans.

If body.jsp does not throw an exception, the page displays fine.
However, if body.jsp throws an exception, the page only displays
up to point A above.

If I remove the include tag for header.jsp, a stack trace is
displayed (as expected).

If I replace the include tag with code from the included
header.jsp, a stack trace is displayed (as expected).

The problem only occurs when a) an exception is thrown from
body.jsp and b) the header code is included via jsp:include
instead of placed in-line.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA,
Dave Jones