tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: How to debug servlets under tomcat?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:16:03 GMT

torechia wrote:
> I am new to Tomcat and java servlets.  I am running latest tomcat standalone on windows/xp
and am having some problems doing transformations from xml to html in my java servlet.   How
can I debug this?  I would like to step over each line of code and see what is happening.

I use unit testing (JUnit) and logging (Log4J).  I'm sure there are some
debuggers for servlet stuff, but logging is seriously the most amazing
aid to programming and has helped me in so many ways.  I just started
using it a little while ago.

Erik