tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trevor Luo [ITSD]" <trev...@vtc.edu.hk>
Subject fail to use digest authentication
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:18:35 GMT
Hi,

I am using tomcat 4.18 under linux 7.2, and configure the server.xml to
use digest algorithm in sha:
                 debug="0" resourceName="UserDatabase" digest="sha"/>

I create the digest password by digest tool under tomcat bin directory
and place the output into tomcat-user.xml password field of user admin.

Below is the snippet of my working directory's web.xml
 <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>The Entire Web Application</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>admin</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>DIGEST</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Tomcat Supported Realm</realm-name>
  </login-config>

 <security-role>
    <description>
      An example role defined in "conf/tomcat-users.xml"
    </description>
    <role-name>admin</role-name>
  </security-role>

I am always fail to login my web path by providing user admin and its
password. upset ... Anyone know the reasons ?

Since i would like to use the webdav feature, it is always fail to login
by this way - the digest algorithm.

Thank you in advance!

Trevor