tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trevor Luo [ITSD]" <>
Subject fail to use digest authentication
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:18:35 GMT

I am using tomcat 4.18 under linux 7.2, and configure the server.xml to
use digest algorithm in sha:
                 debug="0" resourceName="UserDatabase" digest="sha"/>

I create the digest password by digest tool under tomcat bin directory
and place the output into tomcat-user.xml password field of user admin.

Below is the snippet of my working directory's web.xml
      <web-resource-name>The Entire Web Application</web-resource-name>

    <realm-name>Tomcat Supported Realm</realm-name>

      An example role defined in "conf/tomcat-users.xml"

I am always fail to login my web path by providing user admin and its
password. upset ... Anyone know the reasons ?

Since i would like to use the webdav feature, it is always fail to login
by this way - the digest algorithm.

Thank you in advance!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: