tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luiz-Otavio Zorzella <>
Subject Re: Need help with JK2 & sticky sessions...
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:51:08 GMT
Brett Neumeier wrote:
>>Unfortunatelly, things don't seem to work all that well. But based on
>>your info, I think I know why: there is a bug in the code (probably
>>JK2). I think the jvmRoute cannot contain dots ("."). As soon as I
>>changed from: to node1 (both in the jvmRoute, and
>>the tomcatId and the channel definition), things started to work!
>>Thank you so much. Do you wish for me to report this bug? Can you test
>>to see if you have the same problem?
> It seems to me that this is a very minor problem -- there's no real need to
> have long or complex tomcatId/jvmRoute values that I can see.  I think the
> best fix would be to correct the documentation so that it clarifies how
> server affinity is implemented and specifies that the value cannot contain
> dots.

Hmmm. I think it would make more sense to fix the bug -- so it would
work with IP addresses, as well as FQDNs... And I'm pretty sure it would
not be that hard, either.

Anyway, I'm having another weird problem, if you can help me: my code
sets two cookies for username/password, and all works well if I connect
directly to the server. But if I connect to it through JK2, only the
*last* cookie to be added is set properly (the first is not set at all).

Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message