tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luiz-Otavio Zorzella <zorze...@codaware.com>
Subject Re: Need help with JK2 & sticky sessions...
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:28:14 GMT
Brett Neumeier wrote:
 > Luiz-Otavio Zorzella wrote:
 >
 > Well, I know how this works with JK1, so perhaps the same thing will
apply.
 > With JK1, the way that load balancing works is that the Tomcat server
sets a
 > JSESSIONID value that includes a unique identifier for that Tomcat
service.
 > The identifier Tomcat uses is the value of the jvmRoute attribute of the
 > Engine element in server.xml. So for example, if server.xml contains:
 >
 > <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="www.foo.bar" debug="0"
 > jvmRoute="TC1">

 > Does that make sense?

That makes a LOT of sense -- thanks so much... That's the first I get
good info on this.

Unfortunatelly, things don't seem to work all that well. But based on
your info, I think I know why: there is a bug in the code (probably
JK2). I think the jvmRoute cannot contain dots ("."). As soon as I
changed from: node1.mydomain.com to node1 (both in the jvmRoute, and
the tomcatId and the channel definition), things started to work!

Thank you so much. Do you wish for me to report this bug? Can you test
to see if you have the same problem?

Zorzella