tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <cchesh...@bigredwire.com>
Subject Re: getting problem during configuration
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:22:43 GMT
Ravi,

I am not sure why that is not touching the file properly, but one other
thing to note, you do not have the CATALINA_HOME environment variable
set and it is guessing it as a relative directory as noted in your
output. Try setting the CATALINA_HOME env var first to an absolute
directory, then run startup.sh and see what happens.
(The logs are normally written to a "logs" subdirectory under the
CATALINA_HOME directory)

HTH

Chris