tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darrell B <wi...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: PHP and Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:50:07 GMT
Hi,
Install PHP on whatever drive you wish eg. c:\php and place the
php4ts.dll from the root to the sapi directory where php4apache2.dll
resides.  php4apache2.dll requires the php4ts.dll to operate correctly.
 Then add the following 2 lines to the Apache httpd.conf file:
LoadModule php4_module "d:/Php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

If your not using apache2 then substitute php4apache2.dll with
php4apache.dll.  It is also present in the latest php distribution.

David Brownlee wrote:

> Windows is outside my realm of knowledge.but, the two technologies can
> co-exist on a Unix host.  By co-exist, I mean you can have apache with
> both mod_php and mod_jk.  I'm guessing you would have to be
> tricky/carefull to make sure apache sends the requests to the right
> processors in cases where the URL paths might collide but, that has
> not been a problem for us since we want a server that supports both
> technologies without necessarily mixing them in a single web
> application.  You may get a better response from someone using windows
> if you provide more information.  Are you using apache, IIS, or
> tomcat's HTTP connector?  Is your PHP a loadable module or are you
> using the CGI version?  With tomcat's CGI?  etc.
>

>> From: dwightHugget <jamaican@concentric.net>
>> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
>> Subject: PHP and Tomcat
>> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:04:19 -0400
>>
>> Can tomcat work wtih PHP  under windows ?
>> Any links would be good that can read on this issue.
>> --
>> Dwight Hugget
>> http://www.dmhEnterprise.com

Darrell Bechtel