tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "bognár, attila" <>
Subject Re: x-forwarded-for
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:51:31 GMT

> I think a Valve might work too. But it is tomcat specific.
> Filters are servlet API specific(and portable) and can be constrained to
> only execute on specific servlets, jsps, or URL patterns without extra
> configuration effort.

yes, but as I read javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest, there is no
way to set the header information (e.g. change the source address), so I
would be tide to tomcat (or another container) anyway, because I would
have to fetch some internal state class where I could change it.

and by writing a valve, I can change the source address at the beginning
of the request processing (if I am not mistaken). if I design my valve
carefully, it could be easily portable.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message