tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karsten Wutzke <kwut...@web.de>
Subject Re: Installs/deploys to work dir... why?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:01:05 GMT

Jacob Kjome wrote:

> At 06:45 PM 4/16/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Answering your mail:
>>
>> I didn't write, the war file is put in the webapps dir... It's put
>> into the work/.../manager dir. Would you mind rereading my -
>> admittedly long - post? I'd really appreciate some more discussions on
>> the install and deploy tasks. Need more input...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Karsten
>

> Yep, you are right.  I definitely misread what you wrote.
>
> What other input would you like?  Unfortunately, the current behavior of
> putting things in the work dir and serving directly from the .war file
> rather than expanding to a directory (as is the default in the webapps
> dir) is not something I can explain.  I really don't have a problem with
> the behavior so I haven't pursued the reasons behind it.  If you want to
> know more, you might try asking on the tomcat-dev list and ask the
> people who implemented the behavior themselves.
>
> Jake

Well, OK. That's where I will go next.

Did you re/write the <catalina-install> and <catalina-deploy> task?
What's in a config file anyway?

Would you mind sending me a copy of your config file? I have no idea how
one looks. Also, I'd appreciate, if you could send me your web.xml
deployment descriptor file... These are two issues for me I couldn't
find much info about.

Is there anything you can add to the startup-local stuff?

Thanks!
Karsten

PS: just paste my email add from the header