tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rolf Schumacher <rolf.schumac...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: linux access problem
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:38:04 GMT
Looks like I found the error:

I installed tomcat4.1.18 with apt-get as a debian package on my debian 
linux.
The installation script (or tomcat) does not create the directory 
/var/cache/tomcat4/_temp.
Or the createTempFile routine is called by a user other than tomcat4 so 
it is not able to create _temp.
But that's needed!
Done it manually - now everything is fine.

Rolf

Rolf Schumacher wrote:

> I've tried to deploy two applications, namely JSPWiki and cocoon-2.1, 
> from source on tomcat 4.1.18. The builds are ok. I linked the 
> generated output to tomcats webapps directory.
>
> The error:
> When I shutdown.sh and startup.sh tomcat I get the same error in the 
> tomcat logfile for both applications.
>
> My findings:
> From the java stacktrace I can understand that java.io.createTempFile 
> failed, maybe because of problems with access rights. My short java 
> test program told be that it has no problem to write to /tmp directory 
> - the default temprary file directory for java.io.UnixFileSystem! 
> Obviosly while deploying tomcat tries to write to a different 
> directory. But that is not told in the stacktrace :-(.
>
> Does somebody know which directories tomcat needs while deploying an 
> application?
>
> Rolf
>
> parts of the two stacktraces:
>
> cocoon:
> =======
> ...
> 2003-04-09 12:15:05 WebappLoader[/cocoon]: Deploy JAR 
> /WEB-INF/lib/xsltc-20030211.jar to 
> /var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/xsltc-20030211.jar
> 2003-04-09 12:15:05 ContextConfig[/cocoon] Exception processing JAR at 
> resource path /WEB-INF/lib/slide-roles-20030322.jar
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource 
> path /WEB-INF/lib/slide-roles-20030322.jar
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930) 
>
> ...
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
> at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
> at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1313)
> at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1401)
> at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1438)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:169)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:164)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:42)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68)
> at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:85) 
>
> at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:69) 
>
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:906) 
>
> ...
>
>
> JSPWiki:
> ========
> ...
> 2003-04-09 12:15:05 WebappLoader[/JSPWiki]: Deploy JAR 
> /WEB-INF/lib/xmlrpc.jar to 
> /usr/share/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/JSPWiki/WEB-INF/lib/xmlrpc.jar 
>
> 2003-04-09 12:15:05 ContextConfig[/JSPWiki] Exception processing JAR 
> at resource path /WEB-INF/lib/JSPWiki.jar
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource 
> path /WEB-INF/lib/JSPWiki.jar
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930) 
>
> ...
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
> at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
> at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1313)
> at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1401)
> at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1438)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:169)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:164)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:42)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68)
> at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:85) 
>
> at 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:69) 
>
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:906) 
>
> ...
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message