tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Mejia Vergara <j...@telnor.com>
Subject Re: SSL and Apache!!!!!!
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:12:45 GMT
Here is how i installed Apache with mod_ssl on apache 2.0.39 on Solaris
8, but you need to install first openssl on your sistem and ad it to
your computer PATH.

#./configure –prefix=/usr/local/apache –enable-so –enable-info
–enable-ssl –enable-modules-all
#make
#make install

Julio

RK Paleru wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am tired of trying to find a clear step by step documentation for SSL support for my
Apache Web Server 2.0.43. Also I am not sure whether I need mod_ssl / openssl or something
else......

>I am also running tomcat as my servlet engine and is connected to apache.....using mod_jk.
>
>Please let me know how to go about the SSL installation process......
>

>I went to this site and did most of the stuff
>http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/ssl-howto.html
>
>but when it comes to running openssl -new...... it cribs saying there is no config file
or environment variable not set....