tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <m...@dolphtech.com>
Subject Re: SSL and Apache!!!!!!
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:27:46 GMT
I have finally figured out how to get Apache(SSL) and Tomcat 4.1.24
working.  For one, there is a bug in the JkCoyoteHandler.  I hope to put
together a web page that shows how this can be done.  If you do not hear
back from me in a day or two, let me know.

RK Paleru wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am tired of trying to find a clear step by step documentation for SSL support for my
Apache Web Server 2.0.43. Also I am not sure whether I need mod_ssl / openssl or something
else......

>I am also running tomcat as my servlet engine and is connected to apache.....using mod_jk.
>
>Please let me know how to go about the SSL installation process......
>

>I went to this site and did most of the stuff
>http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/ssl-howto.html
>
>but when it comes to running openssl -new...... it cribs saying there is no config file
or environment variable not set....