tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Woude, Alexander van der" <Alexander.vanderWo...@getronics.com>
Subject RE: Problems deploying webapps on tomcat and apache
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:50:37 GMT
Hello John,

You are right.
I tried configuring apache with tomcat 4.1.12 with jk and jk2.
I used your site as a guideline. I couldn't get it to work.
Then I stumbled upon a site that claimed that most of the configuration would be done by 4.1.18,
and that it needed a lot less
manual adjusting. So I went to 4.1.18.

The things u say about the server.xml I recognise from doing with previous versions.
Understanding what u say means that it was a coincidence that both connectors weren't hashed
out.
That can well be.
As far as the Contexts go: there was only 1 configured: /examples, the others weren't even
in the file.
And I still haven't added them. Still I can get into /admin and  /manager modules.

Nobody else managed this machine, and the possibility of me not understanding the way this
setup works is very likely, considering it were my first steps of integrating Tomcat and Apache.
Now I am sure that my elves didn't mess with the computer because I taught them to not mess
with it. Violation of this would maker them end up in the blender. But usually the help me
on other things, just l.ike my other personalities.

I have seen al the questions on the internet about the Jk(2) and apache tomcat. I have to
say that I hardly ever saw questions
about tomcat 4.1.18. I assume u have used 4.1.18 as well.

But lets leave this discussion here, I am willing to admit that it is possible that I am mistaken.

I really want to get this thing to work.

Answering your questions:

1) httpd.conf only contains LoadModule nothing else
2) I use JK2
3) Proxy? As far as I know I didn't configure any proxy.

At the bottom of this mail are my server.xml and web.xml

I have an context in server.xml with docbase=archive and path=/archive
Should that be /hwe?

Thanks for the help sofar,

Bye
Alexander