tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clay Jones <c...@clay-jones.com>
Subject apache 2.0.45/tomcat 4.1.24 mod_jk trouble
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:55:01 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to integrate apache and tomcat for a while, and I
cannot seem to make it work.  I'm using the following versions on
Redhat 8:

1.  Apache 2.0.45 compiled from source
2.  Tomcat 4.1.24
3.  mod_jk.so

For Apache:
I've added the mod_jk LoadModule calls to httpd.conf, and included the
auto-conf file tomcat generates.

For Tomcat:
I've also edited server.xml to add listeners for the server and host.
The auto-conf file is generated and looks to be complete.  There are
several sections for creating the Apache Alias directives, etc.  I have
a workers.properties file in /usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk.

Accessing /examples on port 8080 works fine.  I get a 404 "File Not
Found" error when I try to access /examples on port 80.  It appears
that Apache is not properly sourcing the auto-conf file (Include
directive).  If I add a static alias in httpd.conf, I can reference
static pages in /usr/local/tomcat, but servlet execution is not
processed by Tomcat.  The two do not appear to be talking to each other.

I cannot find any indications from the logs for both applications as to
what th eproblem may be.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

nmap reports:

80/tcp     open        http
8009/tcp   open        ajp13
8080/tcp   open        http-proxy

A portion of my auto-conf file is:

  # Static files
     Alias /examples "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples"

     <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples">
         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
         DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
     </Directory>

     # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
     #
     <Location "/examples/WEB-INF/*">
         AllowOverride None
         deny from all
     </Location>

     <Location "/examples/META-INF/*">
         AllowOverride None
         deny from all
     </Location>

     JkMount /examples/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/snoop  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/servlet/*  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/CompressionTest  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/*.jsp  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/servletToJsp  ajp13
     JkMount /examples/SendMailServlet  ajp13