tomcat-users mailing list archives

From graghupa...@aegonuk.co.uk
Subject RE: Moving
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:34:01 GMT
one more idea ....

install a fresh copy of the same version onto the new machine and check if
it is working ....
if yes then stop the tomcat server.
then zip all the files insed tomcat folder in your old machine ( say old.zip
)

then zip the contents of the tomcat folder in your new machin ( say new.zip
for backup )
then delete every thing in the tomcat directory  in the new machine.
unzip old.zip into the tomcat folder of the new machine.

make sure that when you zip and unzip you maintain the dorectory structure.

start tomcat on new machine ...
Hope this helps ...

Guru

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Fetyko [mailto:janof@phase2online.com]
Sent: 02 April 2003 16:16
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com
Subject: Re: Moving

...or you can just copy the tomcat directory and set the environment vars on
the new machine as they were on the old.
That's all it takes really.

Jf

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:01:14 -0500
"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
> You're best off simply re-installing.  If it's the same version as the
original, you can probably copy the server.xml and other configuration files
safely.  Otherwise, make the configuration changes again.

> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.

Jan Fetyko
ScriptFighter
Phase 2 Development
4100 Perimeter Center, #310
Oklahoma City
OK 73112

email: janof@phase2online.com
(p) 405.917.3777
(p) direct line: 405.917.3779
(url) http://www.phase2online.com
"Oklahoma City's fastest growing web development company"

Today's "fortune":

Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.