tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: really need help on this..
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:07:36 GMT
keep in mind that the AccessLogValve, if that's how you are logging
accesses, only writes to the log file upon request completion(it needs the
status code). So you could be getting a request that triggers some infinte
loop/wait(db connection?), but since it never completes, nothing is written
to the log file. This has happened to me before.

you could try the RequestDumperValve which I believe dumps the request to
the logfile *before* it is processed. This writes a lot of data though. You
could also write a simple filter to log requests yourself to see if this is
the case.

Charlie