tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Show files on filesystem
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:29:54 GMT
don't forget to support the 'Range' header if your pdfs are large. Otherwise
the first download manager will cause your servlet to serve several complete
copies of the pdf instead of the requested range of the pdf. For a large
file this could be bad(as I found out the hard way). This was my incentive
to use filters(enforce custom login,etc) + the DefaultServlet to serve
files. I did have the files under the tomcat directory though.

Charlie