tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "JS" <sma...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Dodgy web.xml and error in catalina.out
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:49:49 GMT
Hi Yoav,
thanks for getting back to me. Just been following up your questions.
- url patterns dont make sense. In what way do you mean. Is something
significantly missing from the web.xml file??
- DTD File. I dont know how to get hold of it, know network problems. Any
idea how I can turn on the JWSDP debugging?
- HTML Source. The source is taken from Marty Hall's core servlets book.
Basically it tests the performance of the connection pool program by
rendering 25 "semi"-simultaneous requests to the servlet and displaying
the results in a frame. Here's the source.The access logs show the same urls that are in the
HTML file. A couple of
the frames will generate different error codes i.e. 503s instead of 404si.e. 127.0.0.1 - -
[08/Apr/2003:19.06:17 00] "GET
/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet HTTP/1.1" 404 -
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Servlet Connection Pooling: A Test</TITLE></HEAD>

<!-- Causes 25 near simultaneous requests for same servlet. -->

<FRAMESET ROWS="*,*,*,*,*" BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>
  <FRAMESET COLS="*,*,*,*,*">
    <FRAME SRC="/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet">
    <FRAME SRC="/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet">
    <FRAME SRC="/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet">
    <FRAME SRC="/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet">
    <FRAME SRC="/servlet/coreservlets.ConnectionPoolServlet">
  </FRAMESET-
[...]

</HTML>

FYI The structure of my webapp is
TOMCAT_HOME\webappp\mydcs
......... all html files, including this one

\webapp\mydcs\WEB-INF
.................. folder called "coreservlets" containing the class files
for the connection pool program.
Thanks again.