tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <>
Subject Thanks - RE: Tomcat 4.06 Adjust Memory Requirements
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:54:19 GMT
Hello Shapira,

I did find that info but our (tomcat guy) said we could only apply the -XmxNm via the command

Thanks you very much,
I am going to try this right now.

Scott K Purcell

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav []
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.06 Adjust Memory Requirements

Where did you search that you could find information on this topic?
Every archive has dozens of messages like this.

Add the -XmxNm to your JAVA_OPTS argument in
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/  N is the max heap in megabytes.  You
can look on the site (search for "VM Options") for more JVM
and memory tuning options.  You can search this list for other ways of
setting these options, e.g. the windows registry for tomcat as a service
on windows.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

View raw message