tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.06 Adjust Memory Requirements
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:07:48 GMT
Hello,

I am running a pair of Win2000 boxes here with Tomcat 4.06 on them. Tomcat is throwing up
 customers do large (200+ MB) multipart uploads.  I have tried to limit the size of the uploads,
but it doesn't happen until the file is at Tomcat, so I cannot catch it there. So I am going
to reinstall our dev box early next week and could use some advice on adjusting the amount
of memory I can give to the servlet engine. I would like to set some ceiling that would minimimize
the out of memory error that occurs when large uploads occur.

I have searched for information on this, but I do not see much out there that is in-line to
what I need to do. Also I want to be able to run this as a service.

Does anyone have any info, sites to check out, etc. where I can accomplish this mission.?

Thanks
Scott