tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Sharma <Ashutosh.Sha...@tavant.com>
Subject RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:37:12 GMT
If it is WSAD-u should run ur application/servlet in a debug mode-open the
debug perspective-it's a full GUI based-then u can step over/step into over
the breakpoints and see the respective session/request attributes also(they
are collopsable)

-----Original Message-----
From: harm@informatiefabriek.nl [mailto:harm@informatiefabriek.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 6:49 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?

I'm using Eclipse. But don't know how to debug servlets. Could you tell us
how that is done using Eclipse?
By the way my server is not on the same machine.

Thanks a lot...

Harm de Laat

Donie Kelly <donie.kelly@tecnomen.ie>
04/29/2003 02:59 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?

Get eclipse and debug the servlets interactively. Using log4j involves
putting log statements in your code and is not ideal. Eclipse will run
under
Windows as well as linux and solaris if you need it to. Debugging with log
statements went out in the 80's! If you like wasting time then it's fine
but
if you're getting paid to debug and create decent code, get a decent IDE.

Just my opinion. Don't flame me.
Donie