tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Sharma <Ashutosh.Sha...@tavant.com>
Subject RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:35:41 GMT
Yes, that's true that eclipse is really good for debugging servlets but it
comes with some cost-it requires minimum 512 MB RAM(i'm talking about
eclipse IDE which comes with WSAD).

-----Original Message-----
From: Donie Kelly [mailto:donie.kelly@tecnomen.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 6:30 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: How to debug servlets under tomcat?

Get eclipse and debug the servlets interactively. Using log4j involves
putting log statements in your code and is not ideal. Eclipse will run under
Windows as well as linux and solaris if you need it to. Debugging with log
statements went out in the 80's! If you like wasting time then it's fine but
if you're getting paid to debug and create decent code, get a decent IDE.

Just my opinion. Don't flame me.
Donie