tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PELOQUIN,JEFFREY (HP-Boise,ex1)" <jeffrey.peloq...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:34:59 GMT
Where did you get the tomcat code?
Was it an RPM of somesort?

I have never seen the tomcat.conf file in the binary tarballs from the
tomcat website.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tarkenton [mailto:tark_tomcat@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 12:31 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote

Well, I knew this had to do with being a linux newb.  There is a file
present on the linux installation of tomcat that is not present in the
windows installation.  That file is the conf/tomcat.conf file.  Apparently,
there is a property called TOMCAT_USER which was originally set to tomcat4,
and once changed to root everything worked fine.  Is there no concept of
this file in a windows installation?  I am just trying to understand the
difference between tomcat installed on linux vs. installed on windows.

"PELOQUIN,JEFFREY (HP-Boise,ex1)" <jeffrey.peloquin@hp.com> wrote:If you set
the port to 8080 and start it from the root account you are using
and do

ps -ef | grep java

what user does it say the JVM is running as?
This will also let you know if you have a JVM running that you did not you
have running

also to see if something is currently using port 80 try

netstat -an | grep LISTEN