tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Prashanth P." <prash_mail_li...@yahoo.com>
Subject Linux crashes after shutting down web application
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:12:54 GMT
Hi,

I have a web application running on Apache 1.3.23 -->
tomcat 4.1.24 on Red Hat Linux 7.3. I downloaded the
.so from the jakarta website mod_jk-1.3-eapi.so and
configured the connector. Everything works fine when I
run the application. But, a few minutes after I shut
down tomcat and Apache, the Linux installation hangs
and I am forced to restart. I am looking for possible
explanations as to why this happens and a possible
fix. Can anyone suggest possible reasons for this
happening? Is there a specific way in which a web
application should be shutdown (apache first then
tomcat or vice-versa? I think not!). I tried looking
of any indications from the logs but nothing came up.
There is no reference to the crash! Could it be
because of the connector? Do I need to recompile?

Thanks in advance
Prashanth