tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Gerdau" <...@technosis.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat with WSAD "utility jars"
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:36:56 GMT
>I am trying to use j2ee "utility jars" in WSAD (Eclipse relative). That
>is,  I place a utility jar such as db2java.jar into the EAR project, then
>flag it as a dependant jar in the web project. This appears to work fine
>when testing with the WAS test server, but with Tomcat 4.1.18 within WSAD,
>the driver class is not found.
>
>Why doesn't this work with Tomcat?

I don't know about WSAD or Eclipse, but to get DB2 working with
Tomcat I had to put db2java.jar into $(TOMCAT_HOME)/common/lib
ever since at least Tomcat 4.1.18 (in earlier versions putting
it in $(TOMCAT_HOME)/shared/lib did the job).

Not sure wether this helps you with your problem though.

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/